Sunday, August 3, 2008

Baghdad

Hi all,
after 7 hours wait in Istanbul, the sand storm in Iraq that prevented the plane from taking off, mellowed down and 2.30 hours later I landed in Baghdad on Friday. Things have changed immensely from last year! The safety has been improved and we can work outside more. There are lot more check points and lot more traffic, but we are not stuck inside as before. The mild dust storm is on and off outside. Its like a fog, but yellow. And yes, its 48C (aprox 120F) every day! At least there are no bugs in the air. Just dust.
I have my old room, but next week I'm moving into a bigger and better one. There is a new toaster in the kitchen, a panini maker. Makes your life looot better in the morning :)
Here is a photo I took yesterday. I will update with more photos and videos as produce them.
Have a great week.




No comments: